This is a Das 2.3 (prototype) Server, it provides access to space physics data sources using a three distinct HTTP GET based query protocols:
- The Das 2.2 service protocol
- The Das 2.3 service protocol, a more browseable path based layout using JSON metadata
- The HAPI 1.1 protocol, a simplified time series cube service defined by the heliophysics API group.
Full use of this site requires a client progam capable of reading data in Das2 stream or QStream format. Autoplot is a general client for plotting many types of space physics data, including streams from this server, and the Das2 Clients from the University of Iowa provide specific interfaces tailored to certian data sets.
Since this server delivers information over HTTP, limited functionality is available using any standard web browser. Some example queries are provided below.
Das 2.3 Service Queries
- Services List -- To see a get a list of all services supported
by this particular server use the following URL:
- Data Source List -- To download a list of all data sources known to
this server use the following URL:
Todo: Output as JSON
- Peers List -- To download a list of other Das2 servers known to this
site use the following URL:
Todo: Output as JSON
- Source Descriptor -- To obtain a JSON description of a data source
that provides sufficent information to download data enter a URL with
Where the SOURCE_DEF_PATH is one of the file paths provided by a catalog listing.
- Data Download -- To download data as either
a Das2 stream or QStream enter a URL with the pattern:
Where the DATA_SOURCE_URL is the source URL provided by a source descriptor and START and END are time strings. Though many time formats will work with most data sources, ISO-8601 format strings are recommended, in general these look like YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS.sss where uneeded time fields may be omitted.
Das 2.2 Service Queries
Though no examples are provided here, the 2.2 service protocol is supported by this server and will be supported indefinitly for the benefit of current client programs.
Helophysics API Support
All queries rooted at http://planet.physics.uiowa.edu/das/das2Server/hapi will respond to helophysics API requests as documented at https://github.com/hapi-server/data-specification